Sunday, January 5, 2014

We're Off to See the Wizard

Every once in awhile you come up with an idea and think "this is going to be awesome!" In the back of your head, there is a small voice saying "don't do it! This will NOT be awesome." I keep urging the small voice to shut the heck up and be supportive, but so far, the voice is being such a Negative Nancy. 

Tomorrow will mark Day One of my and Boyfriend's attempt at Dr. Oz's Three-Day Detox Cleanse. The cleanse consists of three days of three shakes designed to support immune health, detoxification and natural energy. I've read reviews and some proclaim the aforementioned benefits, but some also mention headaches, bloating and curmudgeonly attitudes. 
 


I'm fairly confident that I can handle this well, but I do have some concerns about Boyfriend. He is accustomed to three meals per day, plus ample healthy snacks. I often tell him that he is infantile in the way that he becomes cranky and overly groggy during times of hunger; however, he wants to try the cleanse and who am I to second guess his decision? I suppose that bodies commonly react to hunger in such a way. I've just never experienced it first hand. 

On our day before the cleanse, we treated ourselves to a blueberry pancake breakfast. I then embarked on my weekly shopping trip to Market District clutching a list laden with produce, flaxseed and coconut water. 

Market District was teeming with housewives in Steelers hoodies pushing carts full of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Kraft and DiGiorno Pizza. Their ape-like children hung on the shelves, shouting for sweets and demolishing the free-sample lady's supply. I powered on and somehow made it through without bloodshed.


I did feel the need to inform the cashier what I was doing, so she didn't judge my purchase. She has done a similar seven day cleanse and said that her experience was a roller coaster: euphorically energized on day two, then suicide-inducing misery by day seven. Since our detox ends on day three, I'm hoping that we'll just ride high on that euphoric feeling.

Tonight, we'll feast on pizza and beer and then it's all business starting tomorrow at 6 a.m. Stay tuned to enjoy the euphoric energy and potentially suicide-inducing misery of the Dr. Oz Three Day Detox Cleanse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment