Friday, December 27, 2013

This Is The Beginning

It is almost 2014 and you know what that means. In five short days, all of America will vow to begin the new year with a healthy outlook and lifestyle changes. My gym is inundated with new members who hog machines, forget to wipe their sweat from the stationary bikes and try to strike up friendly conversation (note: the scowling girl wearing ear buds and avoiding eye contact on the machine next door DOES NOT want to talk to you). This usually lasts until mid-February until everyone gets lazy again, but I digress.

In typical and stereotypical fashion, I will also be promising myself a healthier and happier 2014... And I'm taking Boyfriend with me.

There is, however, a loophole.  Boyfriend and I are terrible at getting off our butts and doing things. Sure, we work, go to the gym, grocery shop and see the occasional movie; however, we fail at venturing into the social sphere and engaging in our city's vast culture.

The city of Pittsburgh offers a lot in terms of arts, entertainment and cuisine. We've decided to explore the cuisine side of things in 2014 by choosing a new restaurant every other Saturday, feasting to our hearts' contents and sharing our experience with you fine people. We are allowing a bi-weekly pig-out session in the name of culture and Pittsburgh appreciation. You're welcome.

I will, of course, update you during the week on homemade dinners, life happenings and the general shenanigans that come when you live with two massive beast dogs, two cats and one other person who does not share your affinity for cleaning.

So, before the show can formally begin, I'd like to wish you a fabulous almost 2014; I look forward to fully experiencing my city and bringing you along for the ride. Let's go!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I, like you , do not approve of the intrusion into my workouts. Earbuds and scowl do not seem to deter them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I don't understand why people think it is socially acceptable to begin small talk at the gym!

      Delete